Modelling World 2023 brings together UK and European modelling career professionals for the annual event where experts are focused on business-critical questions exercising the transport modelling world.
“The Department for Transport’s Chief Scientific Adviser and Chief Analyst recently announced areas of research interest for 2023. One priority is ‘reducing environmental impacts, tackling climate change, improving air quality, biodiversity and ensuring the transport system adapts to be resilient to the effects of climate change’.
The rapid development of modelling capability and tools leaves modellers well placed to help the DfT deliver on these aims.”
For 2023: Modelling World sessions focus on:
- Scenario modelling – Common Analytical Scenarios and applications of scenario modelling
- Do we need new model approaches to support local authority road investment and decarbonisation ambitions?
- Devolution of modelling & evaluation to sub-national transport bodies
- Modelling active travel: tools and methods for structured and analogous active travel analysis
- Alternative model forms to inform decision-making
- Rail modelling: accessibility, appraisal, analysis and demand
This year speakers from SYSTRA include:
- Nick Benbow chairing: AI and ML: progress for transport modelling?
- Ian Burden, Projects Director and Neil Raha, Projects Director, SYSTRA Modelling active modes
- Katie Hall (chair) and Tom Simpson on Devolution of modelling & evaluation to sub-national transport bodies.
- James Blythe on Midlands Rail Assignment Network Demand and Appraisal (MiRANDA) model.
- David Connolly on Do we need new model approaches to support local authority road investment and decarbonisation ambitions?