SYSTRA offers advisory and technical data analysis and visualisation services to help public and private organisations make well-informed decisions about transport planning and infrastructure – helping them to achieve their net zero goals while improving transport services for everyone.
Sustainable transport development depends on data
Transport data plays a critical role in enabling public and private organisations to make well-informed decisions about the development of sustainable, efficient and safe transportation systems. Expert analysis of transport data can help organisations work towards their net zero goals, enhance public transport services, reduce congestion and emissions, promote active transportation, improve road safety, and support economic development. Ultimately, the effective use of transport data is essential to fostering resilient and thriving communities.
We offer a transport data advisory service to help businesses navigate the complex world of transport data along with specialised data science expertise required to collate, process and analyse the large volumes of data relating to any transport project. Extracting actionable insights from this data requires clear presentation and visualisation of findings to inform intelligent decision-making.
SYSTRA has expertise across multiple data science disciplines to help organisations produce meaningful insights from the transport data they collect and create. We use our transport expertise; a combination of transport domain knowledge and data science skills, alongside scientific methods, maths and statistics, programming, analytics, artificial intelligence (AI) and storytelling to identify and explain the insights from multiple data sources.
Discover how SYSTRA provides expert insight and advice to support decision making, policy development and strategy.
At SYSTRA we use our data science expertise to help clients build safer, more sustainable and more efficient transport systems, based on robust data analysis.
Data insights for transport decision-making
Together, the data scientists at SYSTRA have more than 50 years’ experience of data analysis and visualisation for the transport sector, working for both public and private sector clients. We can help guide you through strategic advice, helping to identify data opportunities, setting strategic direction and creating or advising on a data strategy and action plan. We can also provide full cycle expertise required to offer data management, data processing and automation, data analytics and visualisation services for clients working on all types of rail, road or public transport schem
Transport data processing, analysis and communication
Our services cover the whole spectrum of data science requirements for our clients. From initial strategic advice, data gathering and preparation, processing and analysis, through to clear communication of our findings and insights. We provide the high-quality insight and decision support that clients on major transport projects need to optimise efficiencies, achieve cost savings and deliver positive outcomes for all stakeholders.
Clients can choose individual elements of our data services, or commission complete end-to-end data science programmes. The individual services we offer include:
- Data strategy and planning: We can help clients to understand transport data and how it can be made available to support their goals.
- Data capture: Gathering raw structured and unstructured data from all relevant sources.
- Data preparation: Converting raw data into a consistent format suitable for analytics or artificial intelligence models.
- Data processing: Examining the data for biases, patterns, ranges, and distributions of values to determine its usability analysis.
- Data analysis: Using statistical data analysis, geospatial location intelligence and predictive analytics techniques to extract patterns and insights from the data.
- Data visualisation: Our insights are presented through interactive, fully customisable dashboards and mapping tools.
Insights to support optimal transport schemes
Our data science team helps clients to extract the most important insights from large and wide-ranging datasets relating to their transport projects. Our work helps to make the complex simple and understandable. We support well-informed transport decision-making by communicating our findings clearly and accessibly, using dashboards, mapping, visualisations and storytelling to convey the key messages from our analysis.
Data solutions for transport challenges
The expertise of our data scientists can be applied in many ways to improve the understanding transport challenges and help identify sustainable, efficient solutions. Examples of potential transport applications include:
- Low traffic neighbourhoods: Preparing and processing traffic counts and pedestrian/cyclist movements to analyse the impact of low traffic neighbourhoods.
- High-speed rail modelling: Assessing data on demand and route choices in a range of scenarios, to inform decision-making.
- Bus performance monitoring: Mapping real time bus data against timetabled schedules to analyse trends and gather insights on bus delay patterns.
- Rail journey analysis: Processing rail counts and origin/destination interview data to produce rail patronage statistics and journey segmentation insights.
- Accessibility analysis: Data processing and visualisation of essential local service access to support transport planning, placemaking and operations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Data strategy advice and development
- Data workflow automation.
- Data processing.
- Data strategy development and advice.
- Data visualisation.
- Bespoke interactive tool development.
- Data analysis and recommendations.
- Geospatial and location intelligence.
How can our experts help?
you may also like
Interested in progressing your career at SYSTRA? Find out more about opportunities in our careers section.