Orleans Light Rail Transit – Line 1
In 1996, SYSTRA was appointed project manager for the Orleans LRT.
This line runs through Orleans from north to south, providing access to the city centre from all the key areas: Fleury-les-Aubrais in the north, Olivet in the south as well as the new district of La Source where the University and research centres are based.
SYSTRA project managed the construction of Orleans’ first LRT line. Duties included:
- Preliminary studies;
- Basic and detailed designs;
- Assistance with construction contracts;
- Coordinating and supervising every phase of the construction process;
Within the consortium, SYSTRA was specifically responsible for:
- Project management;
- Quality assurance;
- Railway equipment and associated activities;
- Coordination and supervision of civil engineering work.