Motorway – A4 Diversion – Eastern Europe HSR
SYSTRA won the project management contract to design and build the East European High Speed Railway between 2010 and 2013.
This line had to cross over the A4 motorway. A 2x2 lane cut and cover therefore had to be excavated without closing the motorway to traffic.
The solution was to create a 1.5 km diversion and to widen the A4, doing away with the hard shoulder over a 5 km section. To guarantee the safety of the contraflow system, traffic was diverted to another lane over a 20 km section and the outside lane was closed for 10 km.
As project manager, SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Works contract delivery
- Planning study certificates
- Scheduling, supervision and coordination of construction work
- Acceptance operation assistance
- Delivery of as-built plans
- Third party inspections
- Operating procedures during road works
- Consultation procedures and monitoring environmental issues
On this project, SYSTRA has conceived the following item:
- Cut & covers
- Road surface