Modernisation of the Hanoi-Vinh Line
On 8th July 1999, SYSTRA was awarded a consultancy contract for the modernisation of Vietnam’s Hanoi-Vinh Line.
This 320 km segment between Hanoi and Vinh is the first section of the Vietnam National Railway’s main line between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon). This two-phase line modernisation project covered signalling and telecommunications systems to improve the safety of operations, enhance service reliability and increase train speeds and transport capacity.
During the first stage, SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Establishing a diagnostic of existing equipment and an on-site feasibility study;
- Preliminary studies for the modernisation of the signalling and telecommunications systems;
- Technical designs and preparation of the call for tender for Phase 1;
- Assistance with the call to tender: analysis of bids, selection of the project manager.
During the second stage, SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Reviewing detailed design documents and installation method statements recommended by the contractor in accordance with the specifications;
- Supervising equipment manufacturing, installation and testing and commissioning;
- Assisting with project management;
- Supervising maintenance training provided by the project manager.