France – Val’Tram – Aubagne LRT
SYSTRA won the project management contract to build the new Val’Tram LRT line, running between the centre of Aubagne and La Bouilladisse to the north of the town.
The Val’Tram project will make use of the 12 km disused single track Valdonne suburban line to La Bouilladisse. A 2.5 km section will then be added to Aubagne mainline station. It comprises 12 stops.
After inaugurating its first line in 2014, Aubagne decided to extend its public transport network and commissioned the Val’Tram line, which is due for completion late 2019.
SYSTRA is the lead consultant of the Joint-Venture company that won this 48-month project management contract. Its activities include:
- Preliminary designs
- Public project contracting activities: preliminary and detailed designs, tender preparations and awarding contracts, planning study certificates, works contract delivery, acceptance operation assistance
- Scheduling, supervision and coordination
- General interface management
- Summary of detailed project designs
- Compilation of safety requirements
- Project communications assistance
- Electronic document management
- Preparation of administrative dossiers
- Duty rota during the construction phase
- Testing and managing testing activities prior to commissioning
- Operating plans
- Defining phases and contractor activities
Other activities on the Val’Tram project include the management of safety, regulatory issues and network diversions.
Within this Joint Venture, SYSTRA is responsible for designs and supervising contractor activities:
- Infrastructures, track & various networks
- Engineering structures
- Geotechnical surveys
- Tramline track bed
- Overhead contact system
- High voltage systems, energy & power systems
- Light signalling devices
- Railway signalling
- Low voltage systems, operation support and passenger information systems
- Centralised technical management systems
- Rolling stock interface
- Maintenance site.