SYSTRA Canada’s Electrification teams are experienced in providing technical solutions that are specifically adapted to the needs of railway operators and account for users, operating plans, commercial speed, and the types of available power supply.
SYSTRA Canada’s experts strive to provide cost-effective solutions to the operator from the initial design phase to commissioning and operation by following SYSTRA systems Engineering Framework.
EXPERTISE IN ELECTRIFICATION
SYSTRA Canada has a highly qualified team of engineers with extensive experience in electrification systems (power traction substations, catenary and overhead contact systems (OCS), SCADA), suitable for light rail, heavy haul, freight, and high-speed lines.
ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR ELECTRIFICATION
SYSTRA Canada’s expertise in electrification covers a large range of services, from initial techno-economic studies to operating and maintenance plans, which include:
- Feasibility studies, technical analysis for suitable electrical system architecture, and cost analysis;
- Traction power simulation using SYSTRA software’s proven in many railways systems across the world;
- Preliminary engineering and detailed design solutions for power traction substations as well as overhead contact systems for all types of railway lines;
- Phasing plans to electrify existing railway lines with minimum operational interruptions;
- Procurement, bid evaluation, construction supervision, and commissioning;
- System Engineering, system assurance, project and contract management;
- Planning and management of maintenance programs for electrical installations, including substations, catenary infrastructure, and workshops;
- Inspections, technical assistance, and rehabilitation plans.