The mandate is divided into three phases:
- The first phase consists in the expansion of the maintenance area by adding three maintenance bays, a goods reception area, and the addition of a new warehouse. For Phase 1, SyBEL will develop the functional and technical program, 100% of drawings and specifications, and assist STTR during construction.
- The second phase includes a two-story expansion of the bus storage area to accommodate 18 additional buses and all equipment related to electrification. Similarly to Phase 1, SyBEL will produce the functional and technical program, 100% drawings and specifications, and assist the STTR during construction.
- Phase 3 includes the functional and technical program for the upgrade of the existing garage to accommodate electric buses.
SYSTRA Canada will draw on its experience in various electrification mandates and will oversee the following aspects:
- Technological monitoring on charging equipment and rolling stock;
- Use of its TESS electrified garage simulator:
- Validate flows and constraints related to bus movements inside the garage for both nominal and degraded operating modes;
- Estimate power demand and energy consumption;
- Provide emergency power supply sizing;
- Validate the STTR’s electrified service offer.
- Drafting of technical specifications for the purchase of charging equipment;
- Estimation of CAPEX and OPEX costs of charging management systems and the intelligent parking system.