The Compagnie des bauxites de Guinée (CBG) operates a fleet of wagons mainly used to transport bauxite. Most of these wagons recently underwent a modification and renovation program managed by SYSTRA Canada intended to enable their use with a new tumbler.
CBG would like to ensure that wagon maintenance is performed according to good practices. They are seeking a wagon maintenance expert to supervise wagon maintenance for at least six months to ensure that they can be operated safely and for the longest time possible.
The most important part of this mandate is selecting the appropriate expert. SYSTRA Canada proposed a senior expert who has more than 30 years of experience in wagon maintenance and wagon maintenance team management at Canadian National in Canada. He was also the foreman responsible for the successful wagon modification and rehabilitation project undertaken by SYSTRA Canada between 2018 and 2020. Beyond his deep understanding of wagon maintenance, team management, and maintenance schedules, he also has close personal knowledge of CBG’s wagon fleet and its maintenance personnel. He is familiar with the environment and the culture of Guinea. Consequently, this expert is perfect for the implementation of the mandate.
He will perform the following tasks on-site:
- Review the maintenance schedule;
- Assist CBG with staffing needs;
- Assist CBG in the management of employees;
- Provide mentorship/training to employees;
- Advise on maintenance techniques so that wagons are maintained using modern techniques, safely, and allow wagons to operate without incident for longer;
- Assistance in planning the purchase of spare parts;
- Meet with CFB management and provide maintenance updates;
- Review the layout and tools of the workshop;
- Assistance with the purchase and maintenance of tools and consumables.