The Réseau de transport de la Capitale (RTC) requested tenders for the supply of professional services for the production of functional and technical programs and pre-concepts, within the framework of the major renovation projects of the Newton Centre and the Metrobus Centre.
In order to meet a growing demand for service, the RTC plans to significantly increase its bus fleet. The current fleet is composed of 615 vehicles and is spread over two sites: The Lebourgneuf transport centre or the Armand-Viau transport centre.
As part of the Sustainable Mobility Policy and its plan for a green economy, the Quebec government will only finance the acquisition of 100% electric vehicles by transportation companies starting in 2025. Transport companies are therefore preparing to gradually acquire and operate these recent-technology vehicles.
The services provided included:
Development and electrification project of the Newton Centre:
- Prepare a Functional and Technical Program (FTP);
- Produce two pre-concepts for the Newton Centre:
- Option 1: Pre-concept aimed at determining the operational capacity (in number of 40’ equivalent buses) that would be possible within the framework of a redevelopment of the existing building adapted to new needs.
- Option 2: Pre-concept to determine the real estate solution needed to achieve the objective of 180 40’ equivalent 100% electric buses.
Metrobus Centre expansion, redevelopment and electrification project:
- Prepare an FTP;
- Produce a pre-concept for the Metrobus Centre.
For both projects:
- Support and advise the Principle to plan, establish and then ensure the monitoring, respect and optimization of the authorized content, quality, cost and schedule parameters;
- Collect all the necessary information through meetings, workshops, surveys, analyses or other, allowing the realization of the deliverables respecting the established guidelines;
- Carry out the necessary studies and analyses;
- Make budget estimates, and design and construction schedules at each stage of each project and for each of the pre-design options;
- Develop sustainable development strategies;
- Participate in collaborative process, risk management and value analysis workshops;
- Any other task indicated in the tender.