Six Laning of Ahmedabad to Vadodara Section of NH 48 (Old NH-8) & Improvement of existing Ahmedabad- Vadodara Expressway (NE 1). The objective of the project was the expansion of NH 8 to 6 lane and enhancement of existing Ahmedabad Vadodara Expressway (NE 1). We are pleased to provide Independent Engineer (IE) Services during Operation and Maintenance period for 6 laned section of Ahmedabad – Vadodara section of NH-8 under NHDP Phase – V on Design, Build, Finance, Operate and Transfer (DFOT) basis.
The Project Highway comprises of Six Laning of existing NH-48 (erstwhile NH-8) from Ahmedabad to Vadodara of length 102.3 km and improvement of Ahmedabad Vadodara Expressway (NE-1) of length 93.3 km. The section of existing NH-48 is almost parallel to the Ahmedabad-Vadodara Expressway.
Key features of the project
SYSTRA has successfully completed the O&M services for the above said project during 2016 to 2020 with the following highlights:
- Estimated Project Cost is 2125.24 crore Indian Rupees i.e., around 266 million Euros.
- Special technology or special method used in Highway / Bridge – Falling Weight Deflectometer.
- Type of Pavement (Rigid/Flexible) – Flexible 192.212 km / Rigid 3.39 km
- Commercial Operation Date (COD)-
- NH-48 (Old NH8) 6th December 2015 (Provisional completion certificate issued on 4th December 2015 & Toll started on 4th December 2015)
- Completion certificate issued on 5th November 2018 & revision of toll started on 16th November 2018) NE-1- 1st January 2013.
Details of Structures
Total 14 Nos of Minor Bridges, 32 Nos of Major Bridges, 412 Nos of Culverts, 30 Nos Overpasses, 16 Nos of Flyovers & 44 Nos of PUP/VUP/CUP.