SYSTRA is engaged in Detailed Project Report for Bypass/Ring Roads Around Gorakhpur, Bareilly, Moradabad, Kanpur, and Ayodhya in the State of Uttar Pradesh under NHDP Phase-VII. The Project is aimed at enhancement of Level of Service in the existing Highway Network in the vicinity of Major Cities in the State of Uttar Pradesh, India. This is achieved through alternate green field alignments bypassing or encircling the urban limits of the cities.
India witnessed the advent of economic liberalization in the last decade of 20th century and since then has been on a steady path of growth and development. This in turn has resulted in rapid urbanization and the state of Uttar Pradesh, being the most populous state of the country, has faced the wrath of it. This has necessitated alternate infrastructure planning and thus the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), the apex body of Highway development in India, planned Bypass/Ring Roads around the cities of Gorakhpur, Bareilly, Moradabad, Kanpur and Ayodhya, in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Further, the 4 Laning of the Moradabad – Kashipur section of NH – 734 including Kashipur Bypass has also been added in scope of this Project. The Proposed Project will achieve:
- Enhancement of the Traffic Level of service through decongestion
- Substantial Reduction in Vehicle Operating Cost of the Road users
- Substantial Reduction in Travel Time of the Road users
- Definition the outer urban limits for the future master planning of the towns
- Cost Estimation
- Preparation of Procurement Documents
Key features of the project
SYSTRA is mandated by NHAI to undertake the Feasibility Studies and preparation of Detailed Project Report for the Project Bypass/Ring Roads Around Gorakhpur, Bareilly, Moradabad, Kanpur, and Ayodhya in the State of Uttar Pradesh under NHDP Phase-VII .
The key project activities includes Alignment Finalisation, Preliminary Design, Feasibility Studies, Detailed Design, Cost Estimation and Preparation of Procurement Documents.
- Total Proposed Road Length – Approx. 295 Km
- Dual Carriageway with 4/6 lane configuration
- 22 Major Bridges; two bridges on the Ganga River with lengths of approx. 1.1 km and 3.3 km; One bridge on Saryu River with length of approx. 1.71 km
- Partially Access Controlled with 49 interchanges
- As on date estimated Total Civil Construction Cost is 113 Billion Indian Rupees i.e., around 1,400 Million Euros
- As on date estimated Total Project Cost is 230 Billion Indian Rupees i.e., around 2,870 Million Euros