The LRT Line 1 is the first metro line of the Manila LRT system. The line runs between Baclaran in Paranaque city and Congressional Ave in Quezon City in the Metro Manila region.
The Cavite extension will connect into the existing line immediately south of the Baclaran station and continue to run southward. It will traverse through the cities of Paranaque and Las Pinas, and will end at Barangay Niog, Bacoor. The Cavite Extension is approximately 12km-long among which 10km will be elevated and 2km will be at-grade. Hence the whole stretch of the integrated LRT1 will have a total length of approximately 32.4km.
The project is aimed at easing the traffic congestion in the Paranaque-Las Pinas-Cavite corridor and improve the commercial development around the rail stations along the line. Upon completion, the extended line is expected to benefit more than one million daily passengers.
The Light Rail Manila Consortium (LRMC), which won the contract to build and operate the extension project, is implementing the project with the support of the Light Rail Transit Authority (LRTA) of the Philippines and the Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC). LRMC has awarded a €450m ($501m) contract to Alstom Transport and Bouygues Travaux Publics to provide an integrated metro solution for the extension project in February 2016.
SYSTRA who performed the Tender Design services for the JV (Alstom & Bouygues TP) in 2013, has been logically awarded the Detail Design consultancy services.
The Detail Design services emcompass :
- Elevated guideway(viaduct)
- Earthworks, abutment and ramp connection to the satellite depot
- 8 elevated stations, namely : Aseana, Mia, Asiaworld, Ninoy Aquino, Dr Santos, Las Pinas, Zapote, Niyog (functional, structure, MEP building services, Architectural finishes, landscaping)
- 2 depot buildings for Operation & Administration purpose; 2000m2 and 400m2 (structure, MEP building services, architectural finishes)
- 3 intermodal facilities at Dr Santos, Zapote and Niyog stations
- Permanent road arrangement within the ROW (around station and at road crossing location, if any)
SYSTRA Korea has been leading the detailed design studies, performed in 7 different countries.
In particular, SYSTRA Korea designed the Pi-Girder viaduct, a full span precast solution which allowed significant time saving during construction.