The Uijeongbu automatic metro line (LRT) that serves the city in connexion with Seoul Metro line 1, has been constructed under the Korean Act governing public-private partnerships in infrastructure projects.
The Implementation Agreement was signed on 13 April 2006 between the Korean authorities and the concessionnaire, U-Line. The project has been implemented under a BOT agreement.
11 km elevated line (U-shape viaduct)
15 stations and 1 depot
26 m long trainsets (2 coaches in matched pair) without driver
CAPEX: € 400 millions (estimated)
SYSTRA is one of the Shareholders of the U-Line company and participates to the project and is involved in the construction of the line as Project Manager representative of the Client: U-Line.
SYSTRA’s main activities were :
- Direction of the project
- Documentation management
- Management of the interfaces between civil engineering and systems
- Rolling Stock design review
- Factory inspection for Rolling Stock
- Assistance with testing and commissioning
- U shape viaduct construction supervision.