Vietnam’s Hanoi Pilot Metro follows an east-west direction between Hanoi station and the University of Nhon. The line includes 12 stations and one depot on an overall 12.5 km of which 4 below ground and 8.5 km above ground. A fleet of 10 trainsets is to deliver a peak capacity of 23,900 passengers per hour and per direction.
SYSTRA was responsible for all design studies, for the preparation of tender documents including assistance for bids review and contracts awarding. In project execution phase, SYSTRA helped the client with financial management of the project and supervised works during the construction and installation phases. Prior to commissioning and launch, SYSTRA provides preparation and training on operation and maintenance, with assistance for the first-year operation.
In the role of Project Implementation Consultant (PIC), SYSTRA performed design & delivery services, project management consultancy services and shadow operator services:
Design & Delivery:
- Reviewed feasibility studies
- Produced basic design and technical design of the entire line (civil engineering, systems, rolling stock and depot)
- Produced detailed design and tender documents for 5 civil packages (FIDIC red book)
- Performed cost estimates for 9 work packages in order to define the total investment cost of the project
- Produced prequalification files and tender documents as per FIDIC and ADB rules, including BOQ, and assisted the Client during prequalification and procurement phases, including bids evaluation, negotiations and awards of works contracts
Project Management Consultancy:
- Reviewed construction design
- Supervised worksites’ implementation
- Supervised civil works and supply and installation of equipment and trial operation, including rolling stock design review and factory acceptance tests
- Managed interfaces between civil works and system
- Ensured cost management and certification of payment, schedule and cost control management, contract and claim management
- Managed quality and safety
- Ensured testing and commissioning of the Project including the Experimental Working
- Provided assistance with project management and with preparation of operation and maintenance, including assistance with training and 1st year operation
- Technical design of depot included technical specifications and related cost estimates, detailed drawings
- Operation & Maintenance detailed plan, including organization and sizing of the O&M staff, Mode of operation, etc.
- SOP (Standard Operational Procedure) for O&M
- Review & Validation of O&M Manuals from contractors
- Operation Readiness including Training modules
- Trial Run support