Optimises cycling networks
CYCLOPS is a platform that integrates active mobility data to help transport planners and decision makers optimise cycling networks.
Accurately modelling cycling flows is a critical element underpinning investment in active travel infrastructure – if modelling isn’t sufficiently robust:
- Investment may be given to other modes where benefits are easier to quantify
- Active travel investment could exist, but its delivery may be ineffective, leading to unsatisfactory monitoring results and reduced future support.
For cycling to embed itself as a safe alternative to public transport and private vehicle travel, urban mobility stakeholders must entice customers to shift transport modes.
With Cyclops, raise to the challenge by using a unique and innovative method to design cycling networks by combining data integration, demand modelling and digital collaboration.
plan the optimal route
CYCLOPS provides a GIS environment that integrates active mobility data to help planners visualise potential routes and optimize infrastructure accordingly.
CYCLOPS is a data led platform that can test different scenarios and assess key performance indicators such as:
- Cycling travel times and distances,
- Cycling demand reservoir – All the trips that could be completed if safe cycling infrastructure was established.
- Cycling uplift – The differential between the number of people projected to use their bikes in the future versus the number of people using their bikes now),
- Safety benefits
Our team of cycling experts and data scientists are constantly improving and adding new KPIs such as health benefits and CO2 savings.
Our clients can build trust and confidence with communities by providing clear, concise and transparent information about a project and the benefits it will create. This will also help cut red tape as conversations can be streamlined.
Who would benifit most from using Cyclops?
By using data, stakeholders responsible for planning cycle routes such as governments and local councils can assess the potential of many different routes. This will deliver wide ranging benefits including:
- Prioritise investment
- Improve robustness of business case planning
- Enhance transparency and communication with stakeholders
- Facilitate trust in the decision-making process
- Help cities and communities realise the benefits of cycling through improved livability, sustainability, and mobility
CYCLOPS benefits all stakeholders involved in planning, funding, and establishing cycling routes. These include staff at all state governments, local councils, and construction firms who are concerned with active transport planning, integrated transport planning, cities, and transport projects.
CYCLOPS was created by an internal group of SYSTRA employees through our SPARK program. It’s a program aimed at inspiring our employees to let their innovative and entrepreneurial minds shine and where they get to bring their ideas to life.
Contact systra’S experts
Request information or a demonstration!