Mauritius Metro Express Project is a 26-km route, which will connect Curepipe to Immigration Square in Port Louis and will feature 19 stations, 2 of which will be state-of-the-art elevated stations & 1 no Depot.
SYSTRA has been awarded with the detailed design consultancy work for the project. Initially, considering architectural theme and overall landscape of the region, LRT system was proposed. In addition, Initial feasibility surveys suggested a low riding capacity requirement, which the LRT can cater to.
Key features of the project
SYSTRA Group in India, who has been appointed as Detail Design Consultant (DDC) is involved in preparation of Preliminary Design, Detail Design & As-Built Drawings for the complete Mauritius LRT Project covering:
- Civil Works (Formation, Depot, Station Building, Bridges, Viaducts & others)
- Track Works, Road Works, Drainage
- Electrification System (Power Supply & Catenary)
- Lifts & Escalators
- Control Monitoring System (Telecommunication, Automatic Fare Collection, & Signaling)
- All necessary interfacing with Rollingstock & LRV signaling which shall be provided by CAF
SYSTRA partnered with L&T for Detailed Design works and worked tirelessly to bring down the overall cost of the project by suggesting a right balance of At-grade and elevated stretch. Elevation was only provided in the areas of busy road junctions and scarce land availability.