In North America, SYSTRA is a specialist in planning, operations, engineering, design, program management, and construction management with more than 25 years of experience. its subsidiaries, SYSTRA Consulting and CANARAIL, are located in the United States and Canada.
SYSTRA Consulting is a team of more than 150 rail and transit industry leaders, many of whom have acquired their knowledge as employees of operating railroads. Our planners, designers and engineers are seasoned experts in rail transit systems.
In the United States, our client list includes many of the country’s largest and most active passenger railroads and transit authorities. SYSTRA’s dedication to delivering the right solution at the right price without sacrificing quality or safety has earned a solid reputation and consistent consumer loyalty. With our headquarters in New York City and regional offices in Little Falls (New Jersey), Philadelphia, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles, SYSTRA maintains a strong presence in key regions for transit growth.
Beyond the United States, SYSTRA is actively developing business relationships and opportunities in Canada. In this country and around the world, we are also present through our subsidiary CANARAIL, an international rail engineering firm dedicated to the mining and freight sectors.
Notable projects include:
- Providing Consultant Services for the Design and Implementation of a new Computer-Based Train Control Signal System on NYCT’s Queens Boulevard Line
- Positive Train Control Planning and Design for the Long Island Rail Road and Metro North Railroads
- Independent Safety Assessor for NYCT’s Dyre Avenue Solid State Interlocking Signal System Modernization
- RAILSIM™ Load Flow study for Amtrak’s Acela High speed line and WMATA’s Dulles Phase II Project
- Design & Construction Monitoring of PATCO Lindenwold Shop & Yard
- RAILSIM Core Capacity & Reliability Study for SFMTA’s Muni Rail.
- Construction Management for Long Island Rail Road’s West Side Yard Overbuild Project
- Conceptual Design for Amtrak’s Union Station Concourse (Phase 1 A)
- New York Penn Station Unified Wayfinding Redesign for Amtrak, New Jersey Transit and Long Island Rail Road.
- RAILSIM™ Operations Simulations for NYCT’s 6th Avenue Line and Signal System modernization for the 34th Street and West 4th Street Interlockings