The Engineering companies' charter for climate change was signed by SYSTRA on 24 October 2019 at the MEET.INGÉ, the annual engineering recruitment forum for students and young graduates, in the presence of all the member companies of Syntec-Ingénierie. It is based on three major commitments:
1. Act concretely in favour of the climate through the projects entrusted to us
2. Sustainably reduce the carbon footprint of our own activities
3. Support our employees' commitment to the climate.
The professional federation of French engineering, of which Pierre Verzat is also president, wanted to be part of this necessary approach. Syntec-Ingénierie proposes to overcome a twofold challenge:
- Accelerate the climate awareness of companies and change customer requirements in this area;
- Consider the expectations of tomorrow's talents who seek to give meaning to their career paths and prefer to join responsible companies.
Through this initiative, SYSTRA is reminding us that engineering is at the heart of the solutions that will enable us to meet the challenges of a future with a lower carbon impact.
Today, SYSTRA is demonstrating its determination to go further down the road to sustainable development, following the environmental policy signed at the beginning of the year. This will be reflected in concrete terms in a specific roadmap with commitments to combat global warming and increasingly sustainable solutions. Through this Charter, we want to make this known to our clients, our stakeholders and the generation to come.Pierre VERZAT, Chief Executive Officer