The aim of the ATS+ solution (Automatic Train Supervision) is to improve traffic on these two lines, which are among the busiest in Europe, and to improve the responsiveness of the Unified Command Centre (UCC) that manages them.
An enhanced service for users and operators
With the deployment of ATS+, SNCF Réseau aims to enhance operating performance to offer a better service for those living in the Greater Paris region (Île-de-France):
- More efficient, with the automation of repetitive supervision, automatic control, and route control tasks for all trains in circulation;
- More agile, thanks to better handling of crisis situations in order to limit the impact of disruptions;
- More communicative, to improve passenger information;
- More capacity, thanks to optimised use of the existing infrastructure and faster implementation of new services;
- More flexible, both in the deployment and operational phases;
- More instantaneous, with the automatic provision to railway operators of all the parameters necessary for the implementation of their transport plan in real time.
A world first in supervision
This new contract is one of a series of assignments SYSTRA has won since 2017 from SNCF Réseau for the deployment of ATS+:
- On the RER E, which, in view of its extension to the west, will benefit from automatic operation with the CBTC NExTEO solution on its central section. SYSTRA has submitted studies on traffic regulation and has been providing verification and validation services for the ATS+ system since June 2020;
- On RER lines B and D, SYSTRA was responsible for managing the industrial pre-studies for the deployment of ATS from December 2018 to June 2021.
As part of our new assignment, we will be updating the industrial pre-studies, drawing up the specifications and package recommendations, before analysing the industrial offers and assisting SNCF Réseau in its choice of technology.
Thanks to the strong involvement of SYSTRA’s ATS+ team, our client has entrusted us with this innovative and structuring project for the Paris region.Laurent Bouresche, Head of Supervision Systems (incl. ATS+) at SYSTRA France
Worldwide expertise in automation
Today, SYSTRA is involved in several automation projects for metro and suburban railway lines throughout the world, with major assignments in the United States, Belgium and Denmark, Canada, India and Chile, as well as in France in Lyon, Lille, Marseille, Rennes and the Paris region.
More than 1,000 SYSTRA Group systems engineers are interconnected to deploy our expertise around the world and make the most of our know-how in automation.
Our experience in ATS+ projects, an innovation deployed in the Île-de-France network, enables SYSTRA to help the world’s major cities to make progress in this emerging technology.Daniele Coldebella, Head of Business Development for SYSTRA’s System Group