SYSTRA publishes its 2016 Activity Report
SYSTRA’s 2016 Activity Report is now available. Titled ‘Our Progress is Your Progress’, the report highlights SYSTRA’s successes over the past year, including many of our flagship projects, as well as our views on transportation trends.
Commenting on the 2016 Activity Report, SYSTRA’s CEO Pierre Verzat said:
“The title of the Activity Report reflects our commitment to our clients: we succeed when we help our clients to be successful. Our mission is to deliver world-class projects and provide insightful consultancy that helps move society forward. By enabling mass mobility, our work strengthens communities, increases social inclusion and improves people’s access to employment and education. I am proud of the work our talented people deliver.”
Highlights from 2016 include:
- Four acquisitions: Dalco Elteknik (Sweden); Scott Lister (Australia); SIAS Transport Planners (UK); VETEC (Brazil)
- EBIT of €30.5m – an all-time high;
- Increased share of international revenue at 60%;
- A global workforce of 6,100 people – an increase of 700 in the past year – with 60% of our employees outside France;
- #2 in Engineering News-Record’s 2016 global ranking of international mass transit and rail consultancies*.
Click on the picture to access the report.
- 2016 Activity Report
- Every day, we put people on the move. Every day, we help cities, districts and nations offer the most fitting mobility solutions to local residents, commuters and travellers.
2016 was a year of consolidating and building on the past few years of growth, cementing our position as a strong and robust company. It was a particularly ambitious year in terms of international expansion. We entered two new markets – Sweden and Australia – and significantly expanded our operations in Brazil and the UK.
We also continued to win significant new business around the world, securing four metro contracts in India, plus metro contracts in Malaysia and Indonesia. In the Middle East we were selected to extend the Dubai tramway, while in Africa we won the contract for Dakar’s Regional Express Train. In France, we signed our sixth contract for the Grand Paris Express, one of the most ambitious automated metro projects in the world.
SYSTRA is a business that is both resilient and diversified, illustrated by our wide geographic presence in 80 countries and the breadth of our expertise across all transport modes and at every stage of the project lifecycle.