Manila Light Metro – Line MRT 3
In 1994, SYSTRA won a contract to manage the project to build Line MRT3 of the Manila metro in the Philippines.
Line MRT3 runs between North Avenue and Taft Avenue. It is the second line of the metro network built in the 1980s. Nicknamed “Metrostar”, it has extensive elevated sections and follows Manila’s main communication route.
SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Reviewing technical studies;
- Factory inspections, acceptance tests on rolling stock and equipment;
- Works supervision and the setting up of equipment;
- Defining regulations and operating procedures;
- Producing training documents;
- Training operating personnel.