Toulouse Metro – Line B
SYSTRA won the contract to project manage the construction of Line B of the Toulouse Light Automatic Railway (VAL system).
Connecting with Line A and the mainline rail network (SNCF), Line B crosses Toulouse from north to south.
Line B has helped to:
- Restructure the bus network and create interchange hubs;
- Rework access for pedestrians and cyclists;
- Create parks;
- Create 3 park and ride facilities.
SYSTRA was responsible for the following project management assignments for Line B:
- Horizontal and vertical alignment;
- Preliminary designs for structural work for the tunnel, cut and cover, associated installations between stations and at terminuses, and stations;
- Assistance awarding contracts for structural work and finishings, installations and support operations;
- Assistance with acceptance operations and the lifting of contingencies.