The Copenhagen Metro Circle Line
SYSTRA won the project management contract for the construction of the Copenhagen Circle Line in Denmark.
Copenhagen’s circular “Cityringen” metro serves the major districts of the town, including the Danish Parliament, the central station, the city hall and national monuments. It also connects to the main stations of the existing metro and suburban transport networks. The round trip takes 23 minutes.
The civil engineering works included:
- Boring tunnels using tunnel boring machines;
- Spraying concrete to line the caverns;
- Using cut and cover tunnels for stations and ramps.
On this project, SYSTRA provided civil engineering expertise for the construction of tunnels and underground structures and project management services (verification of documents, interface management):
- Design engineering;
- Production of documents for the call to tender;
- Assessing bids and negotiating contracts.