Tallinn Light Rail Transit – Lines 1&2
SYSTRA was appointed to assist the contracting authority with the construction on Lines 1 and 2 of the light rail transit for Talinn in Estonia.
This project to build Lines 1 and 2 of the LRT system will enhance the existing LRT network and help to restructure bus and trolleybus services. It is designed to:
- Modernise the bus and trolleybus fleets;
- Extend and modernise Line 2 and upgrade Line 1;
- Build interchange hubs and park & ride facilities.
SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Assessing the situation and identifying needs;
- Producing a long-term transport plan covering all types of public transport to encourage multi-modal solutions.
- Restructuring the bus and trolleybus networks;
- Defining the specifications for the new or modernised lines;
- Estimating investment costs;
- Forecasting ridership;
- Assessing the socio-economic benefits for the project as a whole;
- Recommending solutions for institutional and funding packages.