T7 Tram/LRT from Villejuif to Athis-Mons and Juvisy-sur-Orge
SYSTRA was appointed project manager for the design and build of the first section of the T7 Tram/LRT connecting Villejuif to Louis Aragon (Val-de-Marne) and Athis-Mons (Essonne).
SYSTRA has also been commissioned to provide assistance to the contacting authority on the extension of the line to Juvisy, which is due for commissioning in 2021.
This line aims to improve transport services to the third largest employment area in Greater Paris, making it easier to connect to the existing Paris public transport network and enhancing mobility in outlying districts (Val-de-Marne and Essonne).
It connects with Line 7 of the Paris metro, the Trans Val de Marne BRT, suburban RER line C and the Orlyval people mover. In the longer term it will also connect with suburban RER lines C and D and the Grand Paris network.
Phase 1 – Contract for Project Management
As a first phase SYSTRA was responsible for preliminary and detailed designs for platforms, track, overhead contact systems, on line traction and structures.
During the construction phase SYSTRA’s scope of work was extended to include:
- Civil engineering on infrastructures;
- Renovation of façades;
- Electronic document management and cataloguing;
- Production of safety documentation;
- Preparation and coordination of testing activities;
- Technical coordination of transport system contractors.
SYSTRA was also appointed project manager for bridges and elevated structures. The project included 8 structures, 5 new and 3 to be modified. SYSTRA headed civil engineering design and construction.
Phase 2 – Extension of the Line from Athis-Mons to Juvisy-Sur-Orge
– Contract to represent the contracting authority. SYSTRA is responsible for:
- Contracts for all service providers (project managers, estate agents, operational communications, etc.) to STIF (Transport authority for the Paris region) ;
- Launching and following up all administrative procedures: public enquiry, land-use enquiry, safety documentation, water regulations;
- Administering real-estate matters: land acquisition, relocation, eviction of commercial tenants);
- Managing the Public Utility Survey (DEUP) through to commissioning and the warranty period.