Shenzhen Metro – Lines 1 and 4
In 1999 SYSTRA was appointed to manage the project for the construction of the bored tunnels for Lines 1 and 4 of the Shenzhen metro in China.
Phase I of the Shenzhen metro includes two lines: Line 1, which runs between Luohu and Window of the World and Line 4, which runs between Huanggang and Shaoniangong. These lines serve the city’s main districts and connect to the Hong Kong metro system at Luohu, the main point of entry and exit for cross border passengers and at Huanggang, the road checkpoint and link to the future station of Lok Ma Chau, which is part of the Kowloon- Canton line.
SYSTRA was responsible for:
Assistance with the call to tender:
- Preparation of the technical contract documents;
- Assistance with processing bids.
Review of design and construction drawings:
- Permanent structures;
- Construction methods and temporary structures;
- Tunnel boring machines;
- Construction schedule;
- Scheduling and coordinating the civil engineering studies.
Construction project management:
- Review of contractors’ documents;
- Inspection of materials and precast sections;
- Site inspection;
- Construction management;
- Assistance with acceptance of the competed works;
- Review of as-built drawings.