Rennes Metro – Line A
In 1991, SYSTRA was appointed project manager for the construction of the VAL fully automated light metro system in Rennes.
The route for this light railway was designed to serve the areas with the densest populations and greatest travel needs. It is confined to the city itself along a route, which runs from the south-east to the north-west, linking the historic city centre to the main business and commercial centres and facilities. The light railway connects directly to the mainline rail network (high speed and regional rail networks) as well as the local bus network at the Gares station.
SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Basic and detailed designs;
- Detailed technical specifications;
- Shop drawings for structures;
- Preparing the documents for the call to tender;
- Assisting with the works contracts;
- General supervision of civil engineering works on the central bored tunnel section;
- Acceptance procedures and detailed breakdown of construction work;
- As-built procedures;
- Primary work, secondary work and equipment not directly linked to the system;
- Coordination of health and safety procedures during the construction phase.