Reims LRT – Lines 1A and 1B
SYSTRA was commissioned to assist the owner to manage and supervise the construction of Reims’ first LRT line.
The Reims LRT crosses the city from north to south, passing through the city centre and the most frequented areas. The new line also connects with the existing urban transport network, alleviating traffic congestion, improving the public transport network and encouraging people to use cheaper and less pollutant forms of transport.
SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Project management and administration;
- Managing the tender process for the production of preliminary technical designs and official documentation, on behalf of the owner;
- Advising on the financing options for the new transport network and on ways to optimize the financial package in general;
- Helping to draft tender specifications for the concession contract;
- Helping to select contractors and finalise the concession contract;
- Supervising and inspecting contractor activities during each phase of the project.