Project METTIS: construction of 2 Bus Rapid Transit lines in Metz
SYSTRA was responsible for project management from design through to construction of two Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) lines in Metz.
Line A runs from Woippy to Borny and Line B from Saulcy Island, through the science and technology park, to the new Mercy hospital. The two lines share a section comprising ten stops between the Sérot and Provence boulevards, crossing the city centre and stopping at the railway station and new Pompidou-Metz centre.
SYSTRA was directly responsible for (throughout every phase of the project):
- Project management;
- Low voltage systems: centralised technical commands,
- Multi-Service Networks, telephony, public address systems, timekeeping, access management and fire protection;
- Management of contract costs;
- Analysis of files received from the contracting authority;
- Compilation of a Master Plan;
- Interface management;
- Network coordination;
- Production of monthly progress reports and proposing the insertion of design drawings;
- Definition of operating plans and Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) targets;
- Defining system specifications and systems integration at stations and park-and-ride facilities.