Paris MRT - Line 4 Extension
SYSTRA won the contract to project manage the southward extension of Line 4 of the Paris metro beyond the former terminus at Porte d’Orléans, to Montrouge and Bagneux.
The work was carried out in two phases using conventional construction methods. Phase 1 involved the construction of a station at Mairie de Montrouge; and Phase 2 the construction of two stations “Verdun Sud” and “Bagneux” in a dense urban area.
The full line extension is due for commissioning in 2020 by which time, Line 4 will also have been fully automated and the terminus at Bagneux will connect to Line 15 of the Grand Paris Express.
SYSTRA was responsible for full project management from the design phase through to the supervision of civil engineering works (carcass and finishing work) as well as for non-systems related installations (fluids, low voltage power, MEP) during each of the following phases:
- Preliminary design
- Detailed design
- Works contract assistance
- Planning study certificates
- Works contract delivery
- Acceptance operation assistance.
SYSTRA was also in charge of the following for the entire project:
- Coordination technical activities
- Summarising designs during the construction phase
- Production of signalling diagrams
- Conducting and following up on geotechnical surveys.