Motorways – Widening of the A13
SAPN (the operator of the Paris-Normandy Motorway) awarded SYSTRA, the lead consultant in a consortium with Artélia and Iris Conseil, a project management contract. SAPN will act as the owner’s representative.
The project involves widening a 21.5km section of the A13 motorway between Pont l’Evêque and Dozulé, from 2 to 3 lanes to manage the increase in traffic.
The constraints include, managing the project within the narrow strip of land acquired for the motorway, keeping the road open to traffic during the engineering work, modifying 25 structures and building a motorway interchange at Haie Tondue.
The consortium headed by SYSTRA is responsible for full project management and providing assistance to the Owner, particularly on environmental issues.
As project manager, SYSTRA is responsible for:
- Scheme designs
- Preparing and awarding works contracts
- Planning study certificates
- Construction (with a focus on landscaping)
- Works contract delivery
- Acceptance operation assistance
As assistant to the Owner, SYSTRA is responsible for:
- Producing an impact assessment
- Assisting with the public consultation and information proceedings
- Managing water management legislation issues
- Organising the public enquiry for the Haie Tondue interchange
- Providing commissioning assistance
- Scheduling, supervision and coordination of work
- Conducting a safety audit
- Awarding contracts and third party inspection