Lyon LRT – Line T5
SYSTRA was appointed project manager for the Lyon LRT T5 project commissioned in 2012. The line runs from Grange Blanche (Lyon 8th district) to Eurexpo (Chassieu), via the town of Bron.
Lyon’s fifth LRT line has a total of 11 stations, 7 of which are shared with T2. The line measures 7 km in total, with a 3.8km section built between 2011 and 2012.
The specific characteristics of this project are that it connects to Line T2 and has a partial terminus at Grange Blanche.
As project manager, SYSTRA led the consortium responsible for the T5 project. The consortium was responsible for:
- Preliminary and detailed studies
- Scheme and detailed designs
- Works contract assistance
- Track constructional designs
- Network design summaries
- Summarising construction activities
- Scheduling, supervision and coordination
- Coordination and supervision of each phase
- Commissioning (fixed equipment, systems, urban developments)
SYSTRA was also in charge of:
- Project management
- Project management and design summaries
- Transport planning studies (integration, traffic, etc.)
- Operating plans
- Management of railway systems and equipment (track and platforms, overhead contact systems, power, low voltage systems, etc.)