Lyon LRT – Line T4
SYSTRA was appointed project manager for Phases 1 and 2 of Lyon’s T4 LRT, running from Vénissieux to Villeurbanne through Lyon city centre.
Phase 1 of Lyon’s fourth LRT line, starting at the Feyzin Hospital was inaugurated on April 1st, 2009. Phase 2, which stretches up to the La Doua University campus followed in September 2013.
Line T4 is different from the others in that it is a green line that comprises over 18 different landscaping features.
SYSTRA was responsible for project management for Phases 1 and 2. As lead consultant, SYSTRA project managed every stage of the work from preliminary studies through to commissioning.
SYSTRA was in charge of:
- Project management and design summaries
- Transport planning studies
- Operating plans
- Project management for railway systems & equipment (track and platforms, overhead contact systems, power, etc.)
SYSTRA also managed:
- Scheduling, supervision and coordination
- Geotechnical surveys
- Testing activities
- Technical overviews
- Safety and communications.