Kaohsiung Metro – Red and Orange Lines
SYSTRA was commissioned to manage Taiwan’s Kaohsiung metro project and in particular project risks and electro-mechanical systems for the Orange and Red Lines.
This project involved the construction of 2 metro lines in Taiwan’s second largest city in the South of the island, where no urban rail network previously existed:
- Red Line: Chiatou-Linhai Industrial Park;
- Orange Line: Sun Yat-Sen University-Taliao.
SYSTRA was mainly responsible for:
- Assistance setting up the organisation, processes and tools required;
- Preparation of management plans and associated procedures;
- Project risk management;
- Management of activities linked to systems.
- Technical review of concepts and basic designs for electro-mechanical systems;
- Review of procedures and factory and on-site test reports;
- Checks to ensure that management plans and procedures for system activities were properly implemented.
International consultancy activities:
- Assistance with negotiations with insurance companies and banks