High Speed 1 – HSR Link between London and the Channel Tunnel
SYSTRA won the project management contract for the construction of the high speed rail line between London and the Channel Tunnel in the UK.
This new high speed line was built to:
- Provide a faster and more reliable link between the UK and Continental Europe;
- Increase rail capacity in South Eastern England by relieving the conventional network from Eurostar traffic;
- Create a new high quality service for commuters between Kent and London;
- Implement extensive urban renovation and economic development programmes around the new stations and St Pancras.
SYSTRA was involved, in particular in:
- Design and construction engineering (structures, track and catenary, signalling, control-command and power supply);
- Overall supervision of construction work, design and implementation of the test programme, acceptance and commissioning;
- Preparation of the maintenance programme for the new line.
SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Civil engineering;
- Track and catenary;
- High voltage power supply;
- Operational safety and security;
- St Pancras station;
- Environmental issues;
- Preparation of the maintenance programme.