SYSTRA was commissioned as general consultant to the Contracting Authority for the project to build the Hanoi metro in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s first metro network runs between Nhon Industrial University and Hanoi Railway Station. It serves a popular commuter corridor, three university sites, the Temple of Literature – symbol of the city and site of major tourist & historical interest - and the Hanoi railway station, its terminus.
SYSTRA was responsible for:
- All the design studies for the project;
- Preparation of documents for the call to tender;
- Assistance reviewing bids and awarding contracts;
- Supervising works during the construction and installation phases;
- Assistance with the preparation of operating and maintenance;
- Setting up a project office in Hanoi: coordination with the client and the authorities, managing the design phase for the designs from head office, drawing up and revising technical documents, translations, etc.