France – T1 LRT Extension from Asnières to Colombes
SYSTRA won the contract to manage the T1 LRT/tramline extension from Asnières-Gennevilliers « Les Courtilles » station to Colombes « Gabriel Péri » station.
Comprising 12 new stations, this extension will connect with the Transilien suburban Line J and tramline T2, with which it will share a 500m section of track and La Marine maintenance and storage facility in Colombes.
T1 has already been extended three times, eastward and westward, since it was inaugurated in 1992. The last extension was completed in 2012. In the longer term, T1 will be part of the master plan for the Greater Paris region, creating a “Grand Tram” circular line.
SYSTRA is in charge of all the transport systems for the line extension project. The main project features include:
- Creating a good public transport network that includes a high performance line that provides fast and regular services;
- Reinforcing services in districts with poor access to public transport;
- Supporting regional development, particularly in neighbourhoods undergoing urban regeneration;
- Redistributing and redefining public spaces to cater to the needs of all users: pedestrians, cyclists, cars and public transport;
- Creating a shared section of track for use by both T1/T2, without interrupting existing services.
The line extension will be commissioned in 2 phases: the first section to « Quatre Routes » station is due for completion in 2018, and the second to « Gabriel Péri » station is scheduled to open in 2023. Further extensions may be planned thereafter.