Delhi MRT – Line 7 (Phase III)
SYSTRA was awarded a consultancy contract by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. to inspect construction designs for Line 7 of the Delhi metro.
Most of the work related to the Phase III expansion. Once commercial operations start in 2016, the line will transport 3.9 million passengers a day, rising to 4.8 million a day by 2021 and 6.5 million by 2031.
Line 7 runs from Mukundpur to Yamuna Vihar, a total of 58 km, 41 km of which are on elevated tracks and 17 km are underground. It connects to many other lines and comprises 38 stations, 26 of which are elevated and 12 underground. Work on Line 7 was started in August 2011.
Phase III of the Delhi metro includes the construction of a 136 km line and 90 stations, 55 of which are elevated and 35 underground.
- Civil engineering designs
- Architectural designs
- Line 7 construction designs
SYSTRA was more specifically in charge of:
- Checking route designs
- Producing architectural designs and proposing alternative designs for the 38 stations
- Tender support
- Simulating underground environments to compute and analyse fluid dynamics for the 12 underground stations
- Inspecting structural designs.