Bilbao Metro – Lines 1 & 2
In 2003, SYSTRA was appointed to provide technical assistance to the project manager for the construction of superstructure and further extensions to Lines 1 and 2 of the Bilbao metro in Spain.
Lines 1 and 2 are the two key lines, which run either side of the River Nervion. The chosen route therefore is “Y” shaped, sharing a section through the centre of Bilbao up to San Ignazo, where the line branches.
SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Drawing up documents for the calls to tender;
- Analysing & assessing bids from suppliers / manufacturers;
- Supervising construction work;
- Tracking schedules and budgets;
- Testing and approving installations;
- Reviewing and improving the initial specifications.