SYSTRA was part of a consortium working on a Design-Build-Maintenance contract which also included the construction of a maintenance workshop and depot as well as the maintenance of fixed installations and rolling stock.
This is Algeria’s first tram/LRT system. It has been designed to transport between 150,000 and 180,000 passengers a day, with a capacity of 6,800 passengers per hour in each direction and 400 passengers per train set.
SYSTRA was responsible for:
- Reviewing and approving specifications;
- Finalising the preliminary engineering phase;
- Reviewing and approving complete designs;
- Project supervision, management and coordinating project performance;
- Following up, inspecting, approving and acceptance of the work;
- Assisting with the purchase, installation and commissioning of equipment;
- Validating factory testing;
- Systems integration;
- Helping to commission systems;
- Providing assistance through to the end of the warranty period.