A406 Motorway - Widening of the RCEA
SYSTRA was commissioned by Autoroutes Paris Rhin-Rhône operator to head a Consortium with SETEC and to provide assistance to the Owner.
The Central Europe Atlantic Road (RCEA), which runs through central France from east to west, is being widened to 2 x 2 lanes, to meet motorway and environmental standards. Eight engineering structures will need to be modified, including the Varennes viaduct, which will need to be widened to double the number of lanes.
The section of road to be widened is between the A406 and the La Balme interchange south of Mâcon. This will involve the reconfiguration of the A6 interchange without closing the road to traffic.
The Consortium led by SYSTRA is responsible for full project management and assistance to the Owner, in particular on environmental issues.
As project manager, SYSTRA is in charge of:
- Preliminary studies (for the road and geometrical surveys)
- Project management activities from the preliminary design phase through to the finalisation of work
- Additional project management activities including data gathering and planning & auditing engineering structures
SYSTRA will provide assistance to the Owner in the following fields:
- Financial subsidies
- Financial management of the operation
- Management and supervision of contractor activities
- Representing the Owner locally
- Impact assessment and associated procedures
- Water, noise, air, flora & fauna management.