At SYSTRA, this department is responsible for providing advice and assistance throughout the entire project (program, cost control, planning, risk and issue management, “project quality” management, helping to compile tenders, launch assistance, production assistance, completing deals and capitalising on feedback).
Its objective is to successfully commission services and deliver the expected level of service at the given time, within the predefined budget.
By developing project management skills, helping account managers to manage their project and training project leaders to manage assignments on demand, in France or other countries worldwide.
Many different resources are used.
These include business audits. The use of Electronic Document Management systems, monitoring management techniques, quality and risk management… Human and technical resources are defined as required by the project.
Project communication should be firmly linked to the realities to the project.
The Tramway Project in Le Havre is a very good example.
As project manager, SYSTRA was also required to implement a global communications programme for the project.
The main objective was to highlight the benefits of the project and the players involved (project manager, assistance to the commissioning body) and to keep local inhabitants informed about developments during the construction work.
Specific strategic objectives:
- Inform and assist local inhabitants
- Help them to feel involved in the project
Clearly defined audiences
- A generic audience: local inhabitants
- Specific audiences: elected officials, Le Havre Community agents, institutions, the local administration and leaders, opinion leaders, the media (press, radio & TV), locals, shops, people with special needs, children, etc.
- Human resources:
- A communications manager
- A communications coordinator who liaises between the project manager and commissioning body
- A community team: 8 local ambassadors
- Management of 2 communications agencies commissioned to carry out communications actions.
- Communications: Launch of numerous communications actions:
- Community measures: signage, freephone number (0 800 12 2012), website, Facebook account, newsletters, production of documents, public consultation, workshops to raise awareness, partnerships with local newspapers and radio stations…
- Events: A tram rendez-vous, The Tram Café, creation of a life size model, construction site inaugurations (1st rail, 1st stone, drilling the tunnel), events at local fêtes, etc
TESTING AND COMMISSIONING
It takes genuine expertise to test and commission services.
This can be seen in the preparations SYSTRA makes to test procedures for each transport system element. It is necessary to keep initial performance objectives in mind at all times. SYSTRA also adopts a global attitude to integration testing to check whether performance is really in line with initial objectives and that the safety of assets and people are guaranteed.
SYSTRA also provides support. Our teams always work side by side with the operator during commissioning and the start up of operations. Our teams can provide active training support for operations and maintenance staff.